Beta 1-3, 1-6 Glucan is a natural immune boosting supplement providing a role in activating the immune system, alerting the body to help defend itself against viral and bacterial invaders. Nature’s Own Immune Support supplement also comprises suitable levels of Vitamin C, Selenium and Zinc which each respectively contribute to the normal function of the immune system.
Immune Boosting Supplement Beta 1-3, 1-6 Glucan
- Nature's Own Beta Glucan supplement is a pure extraction and does not contain enough yeast protein to cause any allergic reactions (for example, for those who have yeast sensitivities)
- Beta 1-3, 1-6 Glucan is a natural form of soluble dietary fibre, derived from the cell wall of baker’s yeast
- Beta 1-3, 1-6 Glucan provides a role in activating the immune system, alerting the body to help defend itself against viral and bacterial invaders
- Due to its ability to assist in immune response Beta 1-3, 1-6 Glucan is most commonly associated with colds, flu and infections support
- Nature’s Own Immune Support supplement also comprises suitable levels of Vitamin C, Selenium and Zinc which each respectively contribute to the normal function of the immune system
- Suitable for Men, Women, Children and the Elderly
- This supplement comprises gluten-free capsules each containing 250mg of Pure Beta 1-3, 1-6 Glucan
- All Beta Glucans are not the same and Beta 1-3, 1-6 Glucan should not be confused with the Beta Glucan found in oats (for example) that seeks to reduce cholesterol
Beta 1-3, 1-6 Glucan, 60 and 30 capsule sizes
Nature’s Own Beta 1-3, 1-6 Glucan comes in two sizes – you are viewing the page for the bottle comprising 60 capsules. For the smaller size comprising 30 capsules: Beta 1-3, 1-6 Glucan, 30 capsules.
The Immune System & Beta Glucan
Our innate immune system combines protective physical and chemical barriers, such as the skin, immune cells, acid in the stomach, certain fatty acids, antibacterial peptides and the 'mucociliary escalator' of the respiratory tract.
One of the biggest breakthroughs in immunology has been the recent discovery that the effectiveness of these cellular components has been compromised by our modern lifestyle, and that it can be restored with one of a limited number of 'immuno-primer' compounds which the innate immune cells recognise.
Cells in the innate immune system have receptors which recognise a small number of compounds present in the cell walls of most pathogens (a bacterium, virus, or other microorganism that can cause disease). These receptors enable the innate immune cells to recognise the vast majority of potential pathogens, and respond rapidly and effectively to them.
By introducing an immuno-primer compound, effectively a friendly bacterium, the immune system receptors are stimulated thus promoting a healthy immune system with greater ability to fight pathogens. 1-3,1-6 Beta Glucan present in the cell walls of moulds and yeast has been identified as an ideal immuno-primer compound.
In fact, recent work at the Universities of Louisville, Brown and Berlin and at the Mayo Clinics has shown that constant stimulation of these receptors is actually necessary to keep the innate immune cells in a fully functional mode. The research also identified that the Beta Glucan in moulds and yeasts is the most effective of all the immuno-primers (acting via the CR3 receptor which occurs on all innate immune cells).
- Suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans and those with Candida
- Free from wheat, gluten, soy, starch, lactose, colourings, sweeteners and preservatives
- Free from Genetically Modified Substances
Choosing Natures Own
Nature's Own was born in 1979; Nature's Own are committed to offering the most effective products possible. We work with Doctors and Practitioners as well as the general public, and it is vital that everything we do is the best and most natural possible. Our most important commitment is to create and sell products that are as close to nature as possible.
Suggested Intake: 1-3 capsules daily, or take as directed by a practitioner. May be taken with or without food at any time of the day.
Suitable for: Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Non-Active Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, Capsule coating (Vegetable Cellulose).
Non GM & Free From: Wheat; starch, gluten; lactose; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.