Raising Nrf2 activity, produces a wide range of cytoprotective responses in the body including (1):
- Raising the levels of many antioxidant enzymes which act in the body to provide well coordinated antioxidant effects
- Improving mitochondrial function by increasing mitochondrial biogenesis and levels of essential enzymes with roles in energy metabolism
- Detoxifying the body through metabolism and excretion of toxic carbon compounds and also increasing excretion of toxic metals
- Removing toxic protein aggregates and also dysfunctional mitochondria and other organelles
There are many health promoting factors, both nutritional and non-nutritional that raise Nrf2 levels (1). While our Nrf2 Renew is specifically designed to raise Nrf2, it is expected to be increasingly effective when taken along with other supplements containing nutrients that raise Nrf2 in various other ways. Accordingly, we suggest you consider taking a number of Nrf2 raising nutrients as follows:
- Take one capsule morning and evening of Nrf2 Renew® (#76870).
- Take one capsule in the morning of CoQ-Gamma E with Tocotrienols & Carotenoids (#75930).
- Take one capsule morning and evening of Super EPA Fish Oil Concentrate (#71250)
- Take one capsule morning and evening of ALA Release Lipoic Complex (#76330).
Each of these raise Nrf2 via distinct nutrients as follows: Nrf2 Renew raises Nrf2 through a series of phenolic antioxidants, terpenoids and also through the isothiocyanate sulforaphane. The gamma and delta tocopherol and tocotrienols and the carotenoids in CoQ-Gamma E each raise Nrf2 acting though their oxidation products; we do not recommend taking high levels of alpha-tocopherol with CoQ-Gamma E (over 30 IUs per day & often just called “vitamin E”) because alpha tocopherol activates an enzyme that degrades other tocopherols and tocotrienols. The long chain omega-3s in Super EPA raise Nrf2 through their oxidation products. Alpha-lipoic acid found in ALA release raises Nrf2 although the mechanism of action is not completely determined. The FlaviNOx flavonoids and also terpenoids raise Nrf2 as well; there are some similarities but also differences compared with Nrf2 Renew.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0845 388 8076.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.