Chesty coughs can accompany colds or flu. They may come about as soon as the infection starts and could linger for long periods after the viruses have left your system. Herbal remedies have a long tradition of use in treating chesty coughs. Today, they are increasingly being chosen by people who prefer to use natural medicines and those wishing to avoid the use of synthetic cough remedies.
Bronchoforce Chesty Cough is a herbal remedy designed for the relief of chesty coughs, mucus coughs and catarrh. It helps relieve chesty coughs resulting from excess mucus or catarrh in the respiratory tract.
Chesty coughs result from an excess of mucus or catarrh produced by your respiratory tract. This results in the tubes of your lungs and throat being irritated, triggering the cough reflex and an attempt by the body to expel mucus.
At A.Vogel, we insist that only freshly picked Ivy and Thyme are used to make Bronchoforce. This ensures that the remedy obtained contains the active ingredients* that help relieve a chesty cough.
Bronchoforce Chesty Cough Ivy Complex oral drops – a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the relief of chesty coughs, mucus coughs and catarrh, based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy. Always read the leaflet.
*Tobler M, et al. Characteristics of whole fresh plant extracts. Schweizerische Zeitschrift fur GanzheitsMedizin, 1994.
Bronchoforce is a herbal remedy containing extracts of liquorice and freshly harvested Ivy and Thyme.
1 ml of oral liquid contains:
- 376mg of tincture from fresh ivy herb (Hedera helix L.)
- 329mg of tincture from fresh aerial parts of thyme (Thymus vulgaris L.)
- 234 mg of tincture from liquorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra L.)
Bronchoforce also contains Star Anise oil and Eucalyptus oil.
Bronchoforce may be used by children (over 12 years of age), adults and the elderly. Take 20 drops 3 to 5 times daily.
This herbal remedy is for oral use only. Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Do not use if you are hypersensitive to ivy, thyme or liquorice or to any of the other ingredients present in Bronchoforce
- Do not use if you are already using another product containing liquorice (eg. liquorice confectionery / sweets)
- If your symptoms worsen or persist for more than one week, a doctor or qualified practitioner should be consulted
- If you are short of breath, or experiencing fever, see a doctor
- If your sputum is foul smelling, see a doctor
- Liquorice confectionery or medicines should be used with caution in those suffering from high blood pressure, kidney, liver or heart disease and those suffering from a low potassium level in their blood
Like all medicines, this product can cause side effects although not everybody gets them.
The following minor side effects can occur, although the likelihood of these occurring (frequency) is unknown:
- Digestive symptoms such as nausea and vomiting
- Skin reactions such as a rash or itching
There have been isolated reports of side effects occurring with use of products (including confectionery) containing liquorice such as low blood potassium levels, irregular heartbeat and high blood pressure. These however, have not been seen with use of Bronchoforce.
If any of the side effects become serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed above, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0845 388 8076.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.