Dormeasan® is a herbal sleep remedy made from extracts of freshly harvested, organically grown Valerian root and Hops.
Dormeasan® is not a 'sleeping pill’. It is a herbal sleeping aid and won't normally leave you feeling groggy in the morning. Unlike many sleep remedies, Dormeasan® is available in the form of a liquid herbal tincture. Taken just half an hour before bedtime, it can help if you worry that you can't sleep - encouraging a more natural sleep, helping you sleep better and wake feeling refreshed.
At A.Vogel, we insist that only freshly picked Valerian root and Hops plants are used to make Dormeasan®. This ensures that the herb extracts obtained provide the active* ingredients that encourage undisturbed sleep. For more information on why we prefer to use fresh herbs in our herbal remedies, look for The A.Vogel fresh herb story.
The use of fresh herbs gives Dormeasan® tincture a stronger taste and smell because it has not lost its volatile oils. Some people may prefer to take Dormeasan® diluted in fruit juice, rather in water.
Dormeasan® Sleep Valerian-Hops oral drops
Traditional herbal medicinal product for use in the temporary relief of sleep disturbances caused by the symptoms of mild anxiety, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy. Always read the leaflet.
Dormeasan® contains Valerian extract (Valerian tincture) and Hops extract (Hops tincture), obtained from freshly harvested, organically cultivated valerian root and hops. It comes in the form of a herbal tincture (liquid drops).
1ml of Dormeasan® oral liquid (equivalent to 35 drops) contains:
- Valerian root tincture 0.5ml (Valeriana officinalis L.) (1:10-11) Extraction solvent: ethanol 58%v/v
- Hops strobile tincture 0.5ml (Humulus lupulus L.) (1:12-13) Extraction solvent: ethanol 65% v/v
Other ingredients used are ethanol and water.
As a sleep remedy: Take 30 drops of the herbal remedy in a little water half an hour before bedtime.
For mild anxiety: This product may also be used to relieve the symptoms of mild anxiety. Take 10 - 20 drops once or twice daily.
Don't take more than the recommended dose. This product is not known to be habit forming.
- Do not use if you are allergic to valerian root or hops, or if you are already taking medication for disturbed sleep or insomnia, or another herbal sleep remedy
- If your symptoms worsen or if you do not feel any benefit within 4 weeks, talk to your doctor
- Do not use Dormeasan® if you are pregnant or breast feeding
- Do not use Dormeasan® if you are taking another medicine that is affected by alcohol
Like all medicines, this product can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Minor side effects
The following minor side effects can occur when using this product: feeling sick, stomach discomfort.
These are often short-lived and should go away by themselves. However if they are troubling you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you are concerned about any side effect or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Driving and using machines
- This product is intended to help you fall asleep. If you feel drowsy, do not drive or operate machinery.
- The effects of the product may be increased by alcohol. Excessive use of alcohol should therefore be avoided.
Important - Please read before purchase
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. For additional information about a product, please Contact Us on 0845 388 8076.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Information stated regarding dietary supplements is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.